Come 'backstage' with us today to share in some of our lesser known facts and fancies :)
1. Our scent in-store is Ecoya’s French Pear - we love smelly sticks.
2. Our designer is also a bird whisperer; she managed to catch a bird that flew into our store in her bare hands!
3. Each morning our lovely store manager sing-songs "Good Mo-o-o-orning" to the shop.
4. Our Pinterest back catalogue has a history of all the products we have made.
5. Resale of coveted and hard to find Oishi-m items (known as 'unicorns') have commanded as much as 3x original RRP!
6. We are avid Tea drinkers with 20+ varieties of tea in our beverage collection at any one time. Flavour of the month is Turmeric Gold.
7. One of our greatest joys is naming our products, and using Pantone booklets to describe the range of colours that appear in every garment.
8. For Channel Ten's TV Show Offspring, we sent 3 units of every garment to the wardrobe department so they had one for little actress, Zoe Proudman, one for a dummy and one as a back up or body double.
9. We courtesy call customers who've ordered duplicates of an item - occasionally there's mistakes, but in some instances customers have twins. Therefore we have a Twins List to avoid calling agan ;)
10. Snack of choice…Choc/Caramel truffles or a Pick Me up Breakfast Smoothie from the local Health Food Shop.
11. On a new release day we have day and night packing teams to pick the large volume of orders that we receive on the first day.
12. Something we realised during the process of entering the Geelong Business Excellence Awards is how lucky we are to have such flexibility in the workplace for (largely) working parents, and so many fun social events with our team.
13. All our reporting spreadsheets have colour filters. We have colour in all aspects of the business!
14. Max the delivery dog is a Jack Russell that tags along in the delivery van with one of our couriers.
15. We have electric height adjustable desks that can be customised to everyone’s needs. Some like to stand, others like to sit then stand up after lunch when we hit 3 o'clock-itis.
16. Sometimes... a best selling yardage is generated out of a blank piece of paper and a sharpie pen.
17. Music is constantly streaming from someone's computer. Each day one of us is designated 'DJ for the Day' - and we surprise ourselves with how many lyrics we know! Tunes evoke memories of a time or place in life, and many stories are shared amongst the team as memories are sparked...
18. Our team are so incredibly proud to have donated goods and volunteered time with local superhero’s - Geelong Mum’s. To find out more, or donate goods or time yourself, see our recent blog post.
19. We sometimes get mistaken for a sushi shop because Oishi means 'yummy' in Japanese :)
20. We once made a Lego version of our shop!
Big love, Oishi-m xx